Bilateral investment between France and Japan is particularly buoyant. Nearly 490 Japanese subsidiaries employ 74,000 people in France, while more than 420 French subsidiaries operate in Japan.
These companies provide the best evidence of how France’s and Japan’s key strengths can be combined to good effect to further creativity and each country’s respective attractiveness to investment. Their experiences can serve as an inspiration to companies from all sectors to invest in either country.
Nine Japanese business leaders, representing some of Japan’s largest firms, have accepted an invitation from Business France to share their experiences. They explain why they chose France, how they created partnerships with French companies, what their opinion is of French creativity, and the advice they would give to other Japanese companies planning to invest in France.
The list of business leaders who agreed to be interviewed is as follows:
- Mr. Motoi Oyama, President and CEO, Representative Director, ASICS Corporation
- Mr. Fujio Mitarai, Chairman and CEO, Canon Inc.
- Mr. Tatsuya Tanaka, President, Fujitsu Ltd.
- M. Atsushi Horiba, Chairman, President & CEO, Horiba, Ltd.
- Mr. Hiroshi Ohkubo, President, NTN Corporation
- Mr. Tatsuo Higuchi, President and Representative Director, CEO, Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Hiroshi Sakata, President, Sakata Seed Corporation
- Ms. Maiko Kuroda, President and Chief Executive Officer, Toyoko Inn Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Jun Karube, President and CEO, Toyota Tsusho Corporation
You can read all these success stories in a single document by clicking here.
For further information, please contact the Japan office of Business France: email@example.com.